EMS SQL Manager 2005 for PostgreSQL ver. 3.3 released.
Posted on 2005-12-23 by _migrated
EMS Software Development company is pleased to announce new version of SQL Manager 2005 for PostgreSQL. You can download the newest version from the download page.
What is EMS SQL Manager for PostgreSQL?
EMS SQL Manager™ for PostgreSQL is a high performance tool for PostgreSQL® Database Server administration and development. SQL Manager for PostgreSQL works with any PostgreSQL versions up to 8.0 and supports all of the latest PostgreSQL features including tablespaces, argument names in functions, and so on. It offers plenty of powerful tools for experienced users such as Visual Database Designer, Visual Query Builder, and powerful BLOB editor to satisfy all their needs. SQL Manager for PostgreSQL has a new state-of-the-art graphical user interface with well-described wizard system, so clear in use that even a newbie will not be confused with it.
What's new in SQL Manager 2005 for PostgreSQL version 3.3?
- German (Michael Albrecht), Dutch (Bert Herngreen) and Portuguese Brazil (Wilton Ruffato Wonrath and Rogerio Augusto Bassete) localizations are added.
- Function editor. IN/OUT parameters support, which appeared in PostgreSQL server 8.1, is added.
- Copy Data to/from File wizards. CSV format support for server 8 and higher is added.
- Group manager and User manager can work with HTTP and SSH now.
- New Editor options are added: "Trim trailing spaces", "Drag and drop text", "Group undo", "Keep caret horizontal position".
- Export/Import wizard. Items "Save Current Settings as Default" and "Reset Saved Settings" are added to Templates drop-down menu.
- Code Completion.
- did not work for table fields
- required the exact correspondence of the object name case
- when opened in modal forms, did not close by clicking Esc buttonThe bugs are fixed now.
- VDD. Context menu for foreign key did not open - "No argument for format" error occurred. Fixed now.
- Window list. Context menu is added.
- Field Editor. Standard types, when entered in combo box for selecting the field type, are auto-filled now.
- Grid. Moving column to the group field did not work with SQL Filter and SQL Sort options enabled. Fixed now.
- Export Data wizard. Finish button which can be pushed at any step is added.
- Domain Editor. It was impossible to remove domain check constraint. Fixed now.
- SQL Editors.
- dragging of the selected text downwards worked incorrectly
- "undo" function after text dragging resulted in violation of the text integrity
- when going to the line number by clicking Alt+G, cursor position data in the status line did not change
- link did not work without the exact correspondence of the object name caseThe bugs are fixed now.
- Save settings. Multi-line keyboard templates were restored empty from the file. Fixed now.
- Keyboard templates. #Date tag gave the wrong date. Fixed now.
- "Don't save query text" option is added in SQL Editor.
- View editor. Empty bars on the Data tab appeared after closing the form. Fixed now.
- When editing data in an updatable view 'Error while posting updates' message emerged. Fixed now.
- Table Editor. If toolbars were disabled, toolbars on the Data tabs of all opened forms disappeared when closing Environment Options dialog. Fixed now.
- Enabling Allow parameters in SQL (Tools tab of Environment Options dialog) was unavailable for open Query Builder and SQL Editor widows. Fixed now.
- Grid. Filtering on the value that contains an apostrophe character did not work. Fixed now.
- Function Debugger. For an erroneous function, an error message occurred twice when opening. Fixed now.
- After import the data records were shown in grid in the reverse order. Fixed now.
- Other small improvements and bugfixes.
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL
website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.