A new major version of phpPgAdmin is now available. phpPgAdmin is a web-based administration tool for all 7.x and the new 8.0 version of PostgreSQL.
Major emphasis on this release is in supporting all the new 8.0 features.
New features include:
* Context-sensitive online help system
* Use language preferencies from browser (Markus Bertheau, Nicola Soranzo)
* Tablespace support for 8.0
* Support cancelling backend processes in 8.0
* Allow setting privileges on databases
* Allow setting schema search path in SQL window
* Allow filtering find results by object type
* Show function arguments in find results
* Support 8.0's named function arguments
* "Sticky" navigation. phpPgAdmin will now remember while tab you are
looking at (eg. 'Indexes') when you change which table you are viewing.
* New fast navigation bar. A breadcrumb style navigation bar for fast
jumping between areas.
* Much improved grant/revoke feature
* Allow creating and viewing composite types
* pg_dumpall integration. Now you can download the entire cluster via
* Show line numbers when viewing functions
* Syntax highlighting for PL/SQL, PL/PgSQL, PL/PHP, PL/Ruby, PL/Java,
PL/J, PL/Python and PL/Perl functions, thanks to Jacob D. Cohen's
BSD-licensed highlighting code on rafb.net
* Add page navigation links at the bottom as well as the top of the page
when browsing results.
* Support for 8.0's alter column type
* Support for 8.0's add columns with defaults and not null
New translations include:
Download it now:
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.