pgMustard version 3
Posted on 2020-05-06 by pgMustard
pgMustard is a tool that gives performance advice based on PostgreSQL query plans. We're pleased to announce version 3.
- Tip scoring – Each tip is now rated from 0-5, making it quicker and easier to determine the relative importance of issues.
- Tip improvements – New tips for planning time and slow count operations. Improvements to most of our other tips too, meaning they are more likely to be relevant, and to give better advice.
- Better subplan analysis – Improved some tricky cases around calculations between call sites and added more information to help. Thank you to Felix G for working with us on this!
- Interface improvements – Major changes to our tree and reading pane to make problem-solving easier, not least for large query plans (with many operations or lots of nesting).
- JSON format query plans
- PostgreSQL 9.6 and newer
- Interface and advice are in English
- A GitHub or Google account, for authentication on our hosted version (no installation or database access required)
- Self-hosted option available, via Docker
pgMustard is commercial software and has a free trial: https://www.pgmustard.com/
If you have any slow queries to speed up, we’d love to hear how you get on.
Third Party Proprietary