PostgreSQL 7.4.3 Now Available
Posted on 2004-06-15 by _migrated
After several fixes were backpatched to the 7_4_STABLE branch, we have now released PostgreSQL version 7.4.3. As the list of Changes since 7.4.2 is quite small, they are included below:
- Fix temporary memory leak when using non-hashed aggregates (Tom)
- ECPG fixes, including some for Informix compatibility (Michael)
- Fixes for compiling with thread-safety, particularly Solaris (Bruce)
- Fix error in COPY IN termination when using the old network protocol (ljb)
- Several important fixes in pg_autovacuum (Matthew T. O'Connor)
- Fix problem with reading tar-format dumps on NetBSD and BSD/OS (Bruce)
- Several JDBC fixes
- Fix ALTER SEQUENCE RESTART where last_value equals the restart value (Tom)
- Repair failure to recalculate nested sub-selects (Tom)
- Fix problems with non-constant expressions in LIMIT/OFFSET
- Support FULL JOIN with no join clause, such as X FULL JOIN Y ON TRUE (Tom)
- Fix another zero-column table bug (Tom)
- Improve handling of non-qualified identifiers in GROUP BY clauses in sub-selects (Tom)
- Do not generate "NATURAL CROSS JOIN" when decompiling rules (Tom)
- Add checks for invalid field length in binary COPY (Tom)
- Avoid locking conflict between ANALYZE and LISTEN/NOTIFY
- Numerous translation updates (various contributors)
As always, this release is available via ftp on all our mirrors.
And, thanks to David Fetter, is also available via BitTorrent.
This post has been migrated from a previous version of the PostgreSQL
website. We apologise for any formatting issues caused by the migration.