CFP Now open for PGDU 2019, Sydney, Australia.
Posted on 2019-09-06 by PostgreSQL Down Under
The annual gathering of the PostgreSQL community in Down Under is just a couple of months away.
PostgreSQL Down Under (PGDU) is excited to bring to you the third edition of its annual conference, just days after the much-anticipated major release of PostgreSQL, version 12!
It’s our pleasure to invite you to speak at PGDU 2019 in Sydney.
Whether you are a seasoned speaker or thinking of speaking for the first time, PGDU offers you the opportunity to submit a paper.
In the past, we had talks covering:
- Case studies (Tell us how you are making use of PostgreSQL somewhere)
- Personal experiences (A day in the life of you and PostgreSQL)
- Tools and utilities (Tabs or Spaces? Want to stir debate or demonstrate your love publicly?)
- Migration stories (Maybe filed under Horror/Thriller, Comedy, Drama, or perhaps Action?)
- New & existing features (I love PostgreSQL because…)
- New feature development & vision (If only PostgreSQL would have … I will be ….)
- Benchmarks (Hail ye quants…)
- Performance & scaling (Put the pedal to the metal)
- Enterprise readiness (Security, backup & recovery, audit, compliance, etc)
- Lightning talks (tweets impersonated, 3-5 minutes)
- Facilitate a forum (suggest a topic)
Got an idea that doesn’t fit above, we are all ears!
You can choose between a 45-minute slot (with Q&A included) or a 5-minute lightning talk.
The Call for Papers is now open at the event website until 5 pm AEST on 5th October 2019.
- 09 Sep 2019 - Ticket sales commence
- 09 Sep 2019 - Call for papers open
- 05 Oct 2019 - Call for papers close
- 10 Oct 2019 - Presentation schedule announced
- 18 Oct 2019 - Final agenda
- 15 Nov 2019 - PGDU 2019
11 York Street
This event would not be possible without generous sponsorship and support from many different organisations.
If you are interested in sponsoring or have any other inquiries, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to your submissions.