pglogical 2.2.1 Released - Now with support for PostgreSQL 11
Posted on 2018-10-29 by 2ndQuadrant Ltd
Oxford, United Kingdom - October 29, 2018
2ndQuadrant is proud to announce the release of pglogical 2.2.1, the next generation in logical replication for PostgreSQL. Implemented entirely as a PostgreSQL extension, pglogical is a logical replication system that serves as a highly efficient method of replicating data as an alternative to physical replication.
pglogical 2.2.1 includes full compatibility with PostgreSQL 11, the newest major release announced by the community on October 18, 2018.
This release presents important enhancements and bug fixes, such as:
- Add pglogical.wait_ for_ subscription _ sync_ complete and pglogical.wait_ for_ table _sync _complete functions
- Allow passing of arguments to pg_ basebackup via pglogical_ create_subscriber
- Update pglReorderBufferCleanSerializedTXNs to match core code
- Improve confusing 'natts mismatch' error
- Improve performance when several table resyncs are done
- Ensure notifications sent by ENABLE REPLICA triggers are sent promptly
- Add pglogical.xact_ commit_timestamp _origin to look up the replication origin associated with a transaction id
- Rewrite worker signalling to address possible loss of messages when multiple signals are delivered, causing issues with sync and apply
- Stop using pglogical.alter_node _drop _interface to drop an interface that is used by a current subscription
- Race condition between pglogical managers trying to register new workers after a crash
- Fix a case where apply crashes are not recovered by the manager
- Fix a memory leak in apply worker trace logic leading to unbounded memory growth in ErrorContext
- Fix uninitialized field causing occasional log messages about "none worker"
- Fix use of the same restore-point name by pglogical_ create _subscriber that could cause the wrong restore-point to be stopped at and an incomplete initial sync
Download and installation instructions are available here.
For more information, please send an email to info@2ndQuadrant.com
Related Open Source