Pgpool-II 4.0.0 and pgpoolAdmin 4.0.0 are now officially released.
Posted on 2018-10-21 by Pgpool Global Development Group
What is Pgpool-II?
Pgpool-II is a tool to add useful features to PostgreSQL, including:
- connection pooling
- load balancing
- automatic fail over and more.
Pgpool Global Development Group is pleased to announce the availability
of Pgpool-II 4.0.0 and pgpoolAdmin 4.0.0.
Pgpool-II 4.0.0 has new features:
- Add SCRAM and Certificate authentication support.
- Detecting "false" primary server of PostgreSQL.
- Improvement of load balancing:
- More load balancing fine control after write queries.
- Load balancing control for specific queries.
- Allow to specify load balance weight ratio for load balance parameters.
- Add last state change timestamp to SHOW POOL NODES.
- Import PostgreSQL 11 SQL parser.
- Logging client messages.
Please take a look at release notes.
You can download the source code and RPMs.
Related Open Source