New C++ client API to PostgreSQL has been released!
Posted on 2018-05-23 by Dmitry Igrishin
The PostgreSQL Frontend (Pgfe) is client C++ API to PostgreSQL servers. This software is
"beta" quality, and the API is a subject to change. Any feedback is highly appreciated.
Current API allows to work with:
- database connections (in both blocking and non-blocking IO manner);
- prepared statements (named parameters are supported);
- SQLSTATE codes (as simple as with enums);
- dynamic SQL;
- extensible data type conversions (including support of PostgreSQL arrays to/from STL containers conversions).
Features of the near future
The urgent TODO-list includes:
- support for Large Objects via IO streams of the Standard C++ library;
- support of COPY command;
- support of work with SQL queries separately of C++ code;
Composite data type to work with composite types;
Dynamic_array data type to work with arrays of variable dimensions;
- C API.
For details please refer to:
Related Open Source