pgAdmin 4 v3.0 released!
Posted on 2018-04-13 by pgAdmin Development Team
The pgAdmin Development Team are pleased to announce pgAdmin 4 version 3.0. This release of pgAdmin 4 includes over 100 bug fixes and new features. For more details please see the release notes.
pgAdmin is the leading Open Source graphical management tool for PostgreSQL. For more information, please see the website.
Notable changes in this release include:
- The desktop runtime now runs as a system tray application and utilises the browser on the system to display pgAdmin. This resolves numerous bugs and issues caused by QtWebKit/QtWebEngine.
- Data can now be sorted in edit mode in the Query Tool.
- Keyboard navigation with configurable shortcuts for many operations has been added to allow use of pgAdmin without a mouse.
- Dashboard tables and charts can be enabled/disabled.
- Server and database statistics, functions, partitions, external tables and EXPLAIN are now supported on Greenplum.
- Support for pg_service.conf files has been added.
- The Docker Container distribution is vastly slimmed down, having move to Alpine Linux with Gunicorn to host the pgAdmin web application.
Builds for Windows and macOS are available now, along with a Python Wheel, Docker Container and source code tarball from the download area.
RPM and DEB packages are expected to be available on the postgresql.org repositories within the next few days.
Related Open Source