pg_chameleon 2.0 released
Posted on 2018-01-01 by Federico Campoli
The version 2.0 of pg_chameleon the MySQL to PostgreSQL replica system is now available.
Several improvements come with this new milestone which is compatible with python 3.3+.
- Replicates multiple MySQL schemas within the same MySQL cluster into a target PostgreSQL database. The source and target schema names can be different.
- Conservative approach to the replica. Tables which generate errors are automatically excluded from the replica.
- Daemonised init_replica,refresh_schema,sync_tables processes.
- Daemonised replica process with two separated subprocess, one for the read and one for the replay.
- Soft locking replica initialisation. The tables are locked when needed and stored with their log coordinates. The replica daemon puts the database in a consistent status gradually.
- Rollbar integration for a simpler error detection and alerting.
- Basic support for the PostgreSQL to PostgreSQL replica (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Detach replica from MySQL for easy migration to PostgreSQL
- Data aggregation from multiple MySQL databases
Download and documentation
Related Open Source