PostgreSQL 10 Beta 3 Released!
Posted on 2017-08-10 by PostgreSQL Global Development Group
The PostgreSQL Global Development Group announces today that the
third beta release of PostgreSQL 10 is available for download. This
release contains previews of all of the features which will be
available in the final release of version 10, including fixes to many
of the issues found in the second beta. Users are encouraged to begin
testing their applications against 10 beta3.
Upgrading to Beta3
PostgreSQL 10 beta3 requires an upgrade from beta1, beta2, or earlier
either using pg_dump / pg_restore or pg_upgrade.
Any bugfixes applied to 9.6 or earlier that also affected 10 are
included in beta3. Our users and contributors also reported bugs
against 10 beta 2, and many of them have been fixed in this release.
We urge our community to re-test to ensure that these bugs are
actually fixed, including:
- hash: Fix write-ahead logging bugs related to init forks
- Fix oddity in error handling of constraint violation in
ExecConstraints for partitioned tables
- Use a real RT index when setting up partition tuple routing
- Fix serious performance problems in json(b) to_tsvector()
- Fix problems defining multi-column range partition bounds
- Fix partitioning crashes during error reporting
- Fix race conditions in replication slot operations
- Fix very minor memory leaks in psql's command.c
- PL/Perl portability fix: avoid including XSUB.h in plperl.c
- Fix inadequate stack depth checking in the wake of expression
- Allow creation of C/POSIX collations without depending on libc
- Fix OBJECT_TYPE/OBJECT_DOMAIN confusion
- Remove duplicate setting of SSL_OP_SINGLE_DH_USE option
- Fix crash with logical replication on a function index
- Teach map_partition_varattnos to handle whole-row expressions
- Fix lock upgrade hazard in ATExecAttachPartition
- Apply ALTER ... SET NOT NULL recursively in ALTER ...
ADD PRIMARY KEY
- hash: Increase the number of possible overflow bitmaps by 8x
- Only kill sync workers at commit time in subscription DDL
- Fix bug in deciding whether to scan newly-attached partition
- Make pg_stop_backup's wait_for_archive flag work on standbys
- Fix handling of dropped columns in logical replication
- Fix local/remote attribute mix-up in logical replication
Note that some known issues remain unfixed. Before reporting a bug in
the beta, please check the Open Items page.
This is the third beta release of version 10. The PostgreSQL Project
will release additional betas as required for testing, followed by one
or more release candidates, until the final release in late 2017. For
further information please see the Beta Testing page.