Re: planet "top posters" section

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum" <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Subject: Re: planet "top posters" section
Date: 2010-04-19 14:47:06
Lists: pgsql-www

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 16:00, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>> My only concern with that is that the poster names could become quite long.
>>
>> Yeah.  Magnus' prototype doesn't look too bad, though.  I liked
>> parentheses around the number of posts better than a dash before it,
>> but with parentheses around the team name, there's not much choice but
>> to do something different for the post count.  And from an information
>> point of view I think it's definitely a big improvement.
>
> Well, we could easily switch to use a dash before the name of the
> team, and then parentheses around the number, if you think that's
> better?

I doubt it. I thought about name(at)team or name @ team or name/team or
name / team, but none of those seemed all that great either. It's
probably fine the way you have it.

> But as you note, it would look like *** if we use parentheses around both...

To be precise, it would like as if it were designed by engineers.
Which would be true, but we're trying to cover it up. :-)

...Robert