Re: Do Stored Procedures exist (Besides FUNCTIONs)

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Art Nicewick" <art(dot)nicewick(at)ams(dot)com>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Masse Jacques <jacques(dot)masse(at)bordeaux(dot)cemagref(dot)fr>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do Stored Procedures exist (Besides FUNCTIONs)
Date: 2002-03-04 21:04:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Art,

> 1. ability to call a function (Like a store procedure call) ?

SELECT function_name(params);

> 2. Ability to return multiple values ?
>
> Are both of these on the TODO list ?.

Just #2. And, as I said, there is some limited ability to return
mutliple values now. I just don't know how to use it. Hopefully
another developer will speak up.

If, however, you're looking to post Oracle stored procedures unaltered,
with multiple output params or returning recordsets straight to the
buffer, don't expect it until Postgres 7.5 at the earliest.

-Josh Berkus