Re: Returning data from function

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Sharon Cowling" <sharon(dot)cowling(at)sslnz(dot)com>, <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Returning data from function
Date: 2001-10-31 21:48:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Sharon,

> I've mainly worked with Oracle in the past, so I need your help with
> this:
> I'm creating the code for web based reports for a client. I need to
> recieve
> parameters
> and return a resultset.

This functionality does not currently work in PostgreSQL. Some form of
rowset-returning functions are expected for ver. 7.2 (any week now,
really ...) but I'm not certain they will do waht you want.

For more discussion, check the archives of the PGSQL-SQL list, where
this topic has surfaced multiple times.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533