Bring Query Problems to Meeting!

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bring Query Problems to Meeting!
Date: 2003-01-14 17:16:24
Lists: sfpug

Folks,

Based on the lack of volunteers for presentations, we're going to
tackle two issues in "round-table discussion" tonight.

1) Using EXPLAIN ANALYZE to improve query execution. Please bring
copies of EXPLAIN ANALYZE output from your worst slow-running queries
and we'll dissect them to see what's wrong. Even better, anyone who
can bring a pg_dump of a problem database on CD is welcome to do so.

2) Improvements, corrections, and features for PL/pgSQL: we have
several people in our group who use PL/pgSQL regularly. Several
people on Hackers have recently pointed out the need to overhaul the
langauge parser and feature set; bring your ideas.

Both of these topics are deferrable if anyone comes equipped with an
actual presentation.

See you tonight!

-Josh Berkus