Re: Press Release status?

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Press Release status?
Date: 2002-11-30 06:12:27
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Marc,

> Subject says it all ... :)

I'm not sure. I'm accessing via dial-up right now; my father-in-law
managed to have an industrial accident on Thanksgiving, so this is my
first chance to check.

FWIW, can we *NEVER* do a release on a major holiday in a country with
1/3 of our volunteers, again? I accessing e-mail from my in-laws'
computer.

As far as I know, the following steps still need to be taken:

1) Notifying all translators and collecting translated versions.
2) Assembling an e-mailing list for press
3) Createing a cleaned-up version of the changes page for press.
4) Checking/fixing the links on the Advocacy site.
5) Sending out the release to the e-mail list from 2)

I will do the first half of 1), but I need someone else to collect the

I will attempt to do 3 and send the version to Robert; however, working
on this computer is downright painful (limited to 20wpm) so no
promises.

Sorry to "duck out" on this, but I underestimated the difficulty of
working in rural Oregon.

-Josh Berkus