Re: [pgaccess-users] RE: [HACKERS] bugzilla.pgaccess.org

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Iavor Raytchev" <iavor(dot)raytchev(at)verysmall(dot)org>, "Ned Lilly" <ned(at)nedscape(dot)com>, "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "pgaccess - developers" <developers(at)pgaccess(dot)org>, "pgaccess - users" <users(at)pgaccess(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-interfaces" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgaccess-users] RE: [HACKERS] bugzilla.pgaccess.org
Date: 2002-07-10 15:44:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-interfaces

Iavor,

> Any other suggestions?

I can tell you from experience that Double-Choco-Latte, another
PHP/PostgreSQL tool, is really set up just for single projects. So it
would work fine for PGAccess-only. However, DCL has its own problems
and is not necessarily better than Mozilla; I personally don't think
it's worth switching tools just to eat our own dogfood if we don't gain
some functionality in the process.

I'd love to re-write one of these tools someday; they all have ghastly
UI problems. Right. Just after I do the accounting program, and get
caught up on my tax filing, and re-paint the bathroom ...

The one thing that really "bugs" me about Mozilla/Issuezilla is that,
if you click the link on an issue e-mail, you don't get automatically
logged in, forcing you to search for the bug a second time if you want
to commment or close the issue. Grrr. Also there's no option *not* to
get the darned e-mails for people who check the web interface
regularly.

-Josh