Re: Web Development with Database

From: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Jim Caley <caley(at)chesco(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: David Link <dlink(at)soundscan(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Web Development with Database
Date: 2001-10-17 21:03:05
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jim,

> No, not exactly true. They closed the source for the *enterprise*
> (J2EE)
> edition -- which AFAIK had never been approved for production use in
> the first
> place -- due to Sun's licensing restrictions.

FYI, according to Sun there is no such restriction and they never had
any conversations with Lutris regarding the enterprise edition one way
or the other. But that, I think, is a discussion for the online
editorials.

> Enhydra Classic (see the second URL in my original post) is still
> open source,
> and Lutris has emphasized that it will continue to be so.

Great! I'm glad to know that. After reading two LinuxJournal articles
about Enhydra, I was dissappointed to hear that it would be unavailable.

-Josh

Josh Berkus
Complete information technology josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
and data management solutions (415) 565-7293
for law firms, small businesses fax 621-2533