Re: testing hot standby

From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: testing hot standby
Date: 2010-04-12 06:48:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 3:29 PM, Jaime Casanova
<jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Didn't the standby
>> accept connections before executing pgbench?
>>

> nop, and last time i try it was in that state for an hour (without
> accepting connections)... after that i execute on the primary: CREATE
> TABLE tt2 AS SELECT generate_series(1, 100) as i
> After that, the standby start accepting connections

OK. Your reproduction scenario is the following?
If not, could you show me the complete scenario?

1. start the primary
2. pg_start_backup()
3. copy $PGDATA from the primary to the standby
4. pg_stop_backup();
5. create the recovery.conf and start the standby
6. shutdown (smart mode) the standby
7. start the standby again
--> cannot accept connnections until new WAL has been created

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center