Re. conection error

From: Russ McBride <Russ(at)psyex(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re. conection error
Date: 2001-09-26 22:29:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Thanks Nick,

The first line in my pg_hba.conf file is:

local      all                                trust

which should be all that is needed to allow a jdbc connection over ip
from 'postgres' on a local machine (and it shouldn't be a problem
that the connection program sends the password as well, I assume).
Is there some other line I should be adding to make this connection
possible.  It seems like it should just work, but I'm probably
missing something.

Best,

Russ

Nick wrote:

Russ-

JDBC connects using TCP/IP and this indicates that your host machine doesn't
have a line in /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf allowing the requested
connection. This is necessary even if you are connecting to localhost.
Here's what our pg_hba.conf looks like:

local        all                                           peer sameuser
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0           ident sameuser
host         all         xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  255.255.255.255  trust

The first lines allow a connection on the same machine.

The last line allows a connection from the IP address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
without any authentication. For details, search for pg_hba in the
interactive docs.

-Nick

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Pete JewellDate: 2001-09-27 10:28:07