Re: [HACKERS] 7.1 features list

From: Peter Bierman <bierman(at)apple(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 7.1 features list
Date: 2000-12-18 02:11:09
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
At 9:43 PM -0400 12/17/00, The Hermit Hacker wrote:
>On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Peter Bierman wrote:
>
>> (BTW- tons of stuff at www.postgresql.org is busted. Searching mailing
>> list archives for example.)
>
>Please provide URLs where you are trying to search ... we did extensive
>work over the past few weeks to speed up searching, and I tend randomly to
>make sure things are still running fine, and haven't had any problems with
>either speed or broken links ...

Clicking on the "search" pic/link at http://www.postgresql.org/ always brought up a dialog (IE5-Mac) that said "the attempt to load http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl" failed.

But just now I pasted that URL into the location, and it loads fine. And now the pic/link works fine too. I have no idea what's with that.

Just now I went to http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/

typed 'foo' in the search field, and I get a dialog a few seconds later:

"The attempt to load:"Accessing URL: http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/search.mpl?<stuff>" (runs offscreen).

Maybe it's some javascript that's trying to load a "still loading" page, and has a bogus URL with some explanatory text prepended? (Note the URL:"Accessing URL:http...")

I loaded "http://www.postgresql.org/mhonarc/pgsql-hackers/search.mpl?" by hand, and then went back and tried a search again, and now it works.

Dunno what's going on here. Since it never worked for me, I never tried loading the URL by hand. Obviously it's more complicated than the outright broken link that I thought it was, sorry about that.

-pmb

--
"Every time you provide an option, you're asking the user to make a decision.
 That means they will have to think about something and decide about it.