Re: copy and paste

From: Richard Hayward <richard(at)tortoise(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: copy and paste
Date: 2004-09-25 11:23:37
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 19:34:05 +0000, pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de (Andreas
Pflug) wrote:

>Additionally, I'd like to point out that we *have* copy to clipboard in
>pgadmin3 1.2B1 (view data and query tool), despite the fact that there's
>no commonly accepted clipboard format that would make it really useful.
>Consequently, copying data from one app to another will always be
>non-trivial.

Thanks for your reply Andreas.

I downloaded the 1.2.0 beta 1 to play with.

Clicking on the top-left 'cell' of the data grid seems to select all
the records, but then ctrl-C doesnt copy any to the clipboard.

Also, dragging down the row headers multi-selects, but the grid doesnt
scroll beyond whats already visible.

How about in the options somewhere, being able to specify a field
delimiter? I usually use a tab because it pastes cleanly into Excel.

Please dont take this as complaining. I realize its beta, and its not
something I could offer to help code and......oh yes, its free.

regards
Richard