Re: could not create shared memory segment: Function not

From: Randy Yates <yates(at)ieee(dot)org>
To: "Mike G(dot)" <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com>
Cc: Harshah Sagar <Harshah(dot)Sagar(at)tnarobag(dot)com>, pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not create shared memory segment: Function not
Date: 2005-01-17 01:44:30
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

"Mike G." <mike(at)thegodshalls(dot)com> writes:
Hi Mike,

Cygwin's been installed for a few months. I downloaded the 7.4.6 source and
am doing a full source build/install (./configure, make, make install, etc.)
under cygwin.

--Randy

> I never had much luck installing from source either(last tried on 7.4.3). I would get the same error on XP Pro. The binaries work fine though.
>
> Did you use the customized cygwin build script included with the source or just did a ./configure, make ?
>
> Mike
>

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 05:03:58PM -0500, Randy Yates wrote:
>> Harshah Sagar <Harshah(dot)Sagar(at)tnarobag(dot)com> writes:
>>
>> > remove all file from the cygwin/tmp dir.Hope this helps.
>> >
>> > regards
>> > Harshah Sagar
>>
>> No change. There was a bunch of junk there, but removing it
>> changed nothing in the behaviour of the initdb step.
>> --
>> % Randy Yates % "The dreamer, the unwoken fool -
>> %% Fuquay-Varina, NC % in dreams, no pain will kiss the brow..."
>> %%% 919-577-9882 %
>> %%%% <yates(at)ieee(dot)org> % 'Eldorado Overture', *Eldorado*, ELO
>> http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr

>> TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
>> joining column's datatypes do not match

% Randy Yates % "I met someone who looks alot like you,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % she does the things you do,
%%% 919-577-9882 % but she is an IBM."
%%%% <yates(at)ieee(dot)org> % 'Yours Truly, 2095', *Time*, ELO
http://home.earthlink.net/~yatescr