HELP!

From: Atif Jung <atifjung(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: HELP!
Date: 2010-04-28 13:40:15
Lists: pgsql-novice

Writing in C with ECPG and I have the following code:

EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;

char h_sqlBuffer[256];

EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

strcpy (h_sqlBuffer, "INSERT INTO address (street, county, postcode,
country) VALUES (?,?,?,?)");
EXEC SQL PREPARE insert_temp FROM :h_sqlBuffer;

EXEC SQL EXECUTE insert_temp USING :h_street, :h_county, POSTCODE_IND,
COUNTRY_IND;

POSTCODE_IND and COUNTRY_IND are #define'd in an included header file as "Y"
(inside a BEGIN DECLARE SECTION)

When compiling I get an error which read:

ERROR: syntax error at or near """

and the line it shows is the one in red.

Atif