Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 docs

From: Rich Morin <rdm(at)cfcl(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 7.2 docs
Date: 2002-03-02 18:16:58
Lists: pgsql-docs
Tom Lane wrote:
>  Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>  > There used to be a whole lot of papers at Berkeley web site.
>
>  Still are.
>
>  http://s2k-ftp.CS.Berkeley.EDU:8000/postgres/papers/

There is obviously no shortage of historic papers!  Would anyone here
like to see me publish one or more volumes of these papers?  I can
handle the production details, but I need a wish list of papers to
include and some help in contacting the owners of the articles.

Although USENIX is a conspicuous exception, many organizations and
institutions retain the rights to all material they publish.  Thus, it
is not necessarily the case that the author(s) can give permission for
a piece to be included in an anthology.  OTOH, if the author _wants_
the piece to be included, we have a fighting chance.

-r
--
email: rdm(at)cfcl(dot)com; phone: +1 650-873-7841
http://www.cfcl.com/rdm    - my home page, resume, etc.