Re: Allow batched insert during cross-partition updates

From: Georgios <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Allow batched insert during cross-partition updates
Date: 2021-03-10 12:30:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Wednesday, March 10, 2021 1:23 PM, Georgios <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/161530518971.29967.9368488207318158252.pgcf%40coridan.postgresql.org

I continued looking a bit at the patch, yet I am either failing to see fix or I am
looking at the wrong thing. Please find attached a small repro of what my expectetions
were.

As you can see in the repro, I would expect the
UPDATE local_root_remote_partitions SET a = 2;
to move the tuples to remote_partition_2 on the same transaction.
However this is not the case, with or without the patch.

Is my expectation of this patch wrong?

Cheers,
//Georgios

> > Amit Langote