I think it might be time to think about shipping a beta release. I
guess this is a -core decision, but I can't argue for it there, so
I'll argue for it here. It seems like we're about ready, so maybe we
could plan for a beta, say, a week from now?
Here's a quick run-down of the remaining open items at
- Fix to_char('L') (localization) on Win32 when the operating system
character encoding does not match the database encoding
Seems like we're close to a fix on this, but even if not, I don't see
why this should be considered a blocker for beta.
- Thread safety and libxml2
A proposed patch is available, but nobody seems to care enough to
bother testing it, so I can't get excited about postponing beta for
- fix flight of fancy in InitPostgres
Tom is looking at this, so it will be fixed in 17 microseconds.
clarify HS error message when WAL settings are no good
- This is just a case of adjusting an error message, no reason we
can't wrap it up in the next couple of days.
Improve behavior of SUSET GUC variables added by loadable modules?
- Tom's looking at this, too.
The replication connections consume superuser_reserved_connections slots.
- I will fix this.
Tuning of KnownAssignedXids module
- This is important, but Simon has a patch he thinks will fix it.
Could use some more testing, but again, no reason this can't get done
in the next week.
There are also two "documentation" issues listed; but I believe these
can wait for 9.0 final. Greg Smith tells me he's still cranking away
at figuring out what advice we can best offer.
/me pushes luck
And how about a set of back-branch releases while we're at it?
/me also volunteers to help, assuming anyone thinks that any of the
above is a good idea
- Re: BETA at 2010-04-20 17:23:51 from Dave Page
- Re: BETA at 2010-04-20 17:53:49 from Marc G. Fournier
- Re: BETA at 2010-04-20 20:08:03 from Josh Berkus
- Re: BETA at 2010-04-23 15:49:24 from Tom Lane
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Tom Lane||Date: 2010-04-20 17:09:23|
|Subject: Re: Why does TRIM() expect an expr_list? |
|Previous:||From: Jim Nasby||Date: 2010-04-20 17:07:56|
|Subject: Re: shared_buffers documentation|