Re: [pgadmin-support] XWindows crashes

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: jm(at)poure(dot)com
Cc: greg(at)reddfish(dot)co(dot)nz, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] XWindows crashes
Date: 2004-03-15 16:32:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Hi Jean-Michel,

>The new Debian packages seem to work fine. When will these packages be pushed
>into unstable?

I'm glad to read this! :)
Wait a little for them to enter... It's on the way. Don't break my future surprise ;)

On which version of wxWindows snapshot are the actual 1.0.2 rpms versions built ?

>Some remarks:
>- - Another bug concerning adding users is gone (it used to crash).

nice too. We must be sure of this before claiming it's ok.

>- - Fonts do not display well as usual (see a screenshot:
>http://developer.pgadmin.org/jean-michel/screenshots/problem_font.png).
>I know this is another wx issue.

shhhh...t!

Greg, and others suffering from these bugs, I'll post a cumulated patch describing all the steps I followed to build these debian packages. The only patch which is not a pure pgAdmin3 patch concerns wxWindows help crash posted by Andreas in late 2003.
I hope these patches which are all backports from 1.1.0 snapshot will give birth to a 1.0.3 or something like this.

I really hope we will be able to produce working rpms correcting this.

Pushing this thread to pgadmin-hackers.

Regards,
Raphaël