Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp, richard(dot)vandenberg(at)trust-factory(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3
Date: 2004-01-08 12:25:15
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

Dear Richard, Hiroshi,

it seems that richard is using woody ( the debian stable release ). As I'm linking dynamically debian packages to postgre, I used the debian official postgresql package to build pgA3.

I saw the thread between Jean Michel Pouré and Andreas Pflug last month concerning libpq issue (concluding to the necessity of a static linking of libpq) but did not get time to modify my packages.

to pgadmin-hackers:
Is it *really* a pre-req to use libpq >=7.3 ?

If yes, this a pure packaging issue we have here... I think I'll have to produce different packages for woody and for testing/unstable.
I would like to continue dynamic linking for testing and unstable as it's debian way to do the things.

Can others (on other distros) try to reproduce the bug signaled here ?

To Richard: I wait a bit for answers from others but will try a particular build for woody with static linking against a postgresql backport... that's quite a lot of work, so you'll have to wait a little.

Regards,

Raphaël