Re: upgrade to wx2.5.4

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: upgrade to wx2.5.4
Date: 2005-02-23 23:31:32
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

----Message d'origine----
>Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 21:03:15 +0000
>De: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
>A: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Sujet: [pgadmin-hackers] upgrade to wx2.5.4
>
>Hi friends,

Hi Andreas and others, sorry for this long silence, I had much work (and studies) and no free time at all... I hope I'm back for some time (one exam on next wednesday and I should be back;p).

>wx2.5.4 is somewhat incompatible to 2.5.3, regarding those casting
>orgies performed currently to call wxEvtHandler::Connect (e.g. in
>frmQuery). The new way using wxXXXEventHandler macros is much nicer, and
>we'll want to use the forthcoming wx2.6 anyway so we should upgrade to
>using 2.5.4 now on all build systems for 1.3.
>As soon as this is done, I'll upload the needed pgAdmin patches to use that.

I won't be able to work on this until (at least) next week. Is wx2.5.4 frozen or is it still moving from day to day (I only see wx2.5.3 in the main download section of wxWid web site) ?
If not frozen can one of you provide a snapshot known to work with the futur patched pga3?

wx2.5.3 Debian packages did not enter testing and Ron is working hard on stabilising them. It seems I'm back on the way to provide my own ugly wxWid packages for pga3 1.3 releases... <joke target=andreas>Do you think I have nothing to do that you give me so much work? hu? ;)</joke>

Regards,
Raphaël