Re: Best open source db poll currently

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best open source db poll currently
Date: 2004-03-30 22:53:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

Clinging to sanity, xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net (Robert Treat) mumbled into her beard:
> I have to wonder if there's been some ballot stuffing on the part of
> maxsql folks, since case studio only started supporting them in
> January IIRC. As an aside, I use this software and it's PostgreSQL
> support is pretty good, and the company itself is pretty responsive.

These sorts of polls are _always_ prone to ballot stuffing.

When PostgreSQL "won" the O'Really one (intentional misspelling :-)),
that was a result of "stuffing." Firebird's high showing on that one
was surely also due to ballot stuffing.

What is interesting about this one is that it demonstrates some sort
of change; in the past, I would have expected MySQL(tm) fans to stuff
in favor of that, as they are doubtless more numerous than MaxDB(tm)
fans.

The interesting question: Could this be the beginning of the
deprecation process of MySQL(tm)?

(Trademark Attribution: MySQL and MaxDB are registered trademarks of
MySQL AB in the United States, European Union and other countries.)
--
"cbbrowne","@","acm.org"
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/x.html