Re: pg_restore index/trigger restoration issue

From: Jerry Sievers <jerry(at)jerrysievers(dot)com>
To: "David Levy" <dvid(dot)levy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_restore index/trigger restoration issue
Date: 2006-04-27 11:45:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

"David Levy" <dvid(dot)levy(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:

> So I am trying to restore a pg_dump (version8.1 ) sql dump file from
> a remote 8.0.3 DB into a local 8.1 DB using pg_restore (version
> 8.1). Is there something incompatible The dump file seems to be
> correct regarding index creation statements I really don't
> understand what is happening As the title mentions, I have the same
> issue with triggers : none of my triggers are restored neither ! Is
> there any option in pg_dump or pg_restore to handle this

Any chance your psql had the \t (show only tuples) option set? This
prevents seeing indexes and trigs in the table schema listing.

As for what opts pg_dump and pg_restore offer, see the manual.

Jerry Sievers 305 854-3001 (home) WWW ECommerce Consultant
305 321-1144 (mobile http://www.JerrySievers.com/