Re: Develop item from TODO list

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Viktor Valy <vili0121(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, chris(dot)gut(at)gmx(dot)at
Subject: Re: Develop item from TODO list
Date: 2010-08-04 21:34:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Viktor Valy <vili0121(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks for the advice!Yes, we are new to linux too :)We have chosen
> Eclipse, because we have already experience with it.However, after
> downloading the code from CVS, we can&#39;t build it, because of some
> include commands in tutorial / complex.c says "No such file or
> directory".  Does anybody know what the clue is?

Did you try this wiki page yet?

  http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse

> On Tue, 2010-08-03 at 11:10 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Or vi.
>
> cough.

Well, I guess letting newcomers know about tools of choice amongst
regular contributors is a good idea, but the best editor you can find
around is the one you master.

In all fairness until now I counted a lot of Emacs users, some (g)vim
ones, and I didn't keep track of users of Visual Studio, Eclipse, etc
but you can't pretend they're not there. My bet is that the winner in
term of user count would be Emacs.

Regards,
--
dim