Event Triggers Patch Series

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Event Triggers Patch Series
Date: 2013-01-30 17:10:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

As the discussion about Event Triggers seems to be confusing at times
for people trying to follow at home, I've put together a wiki page that
tries as making things clear about the use cases we want to solve and
how, and about what has been commited already and the remaining work to
accomplish this CF or after:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Event_Triggers

If you've been following closely, please review that page to be sure you
agree with my summary here, and if you've not been following as close as
you did want to, we have a great challenge for you once you've read it.

So, now that you've read the wiki page, the challenge is to devise a
reduced feature set that still forms a complete feature. That means that
the feature set must allow us to solve the use cases we are targetting.

My list is:

- expose information to User Defined Function in Event Triggers
- expose a Normalized Command String
- expose Generated commands for Logical Replication consumers

And Robert list begins with:

- expose any object that we DROP, because of CASCADE or in a list of
multiple objects in a single command, or alone in its own command

So, this DROP concern should be solved with the patch I submitted
earlier, and should open the door to finish implementing the other
point.

Implementing here for me basically means creating new branches and
cherry picking existing and already reviewed (partly or fully) code to
make it a separate patch for review and apply.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine