Re: Gsoc XQuery

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Necati Batur <necatibatur(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Gsoc XQuery
Date: 2010-04-09 20:55:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:
> (Personally I wish some SOC student would do LATERAL. It would be useful and
> is a feature of about the right size, I think).

Actually, I think that requires two rounds of significant executor
refactoring. This is round two:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-10/msg00994.php

Round one, which Tom said he was already planning to do for 9.1, is to
eliminate the hack by which "outer tuples" are passed down into
nest-loops-with-inner-indexscan. Once those two things are done the
remaining work might be suitable for a GSoC project.

...Robert