|From:||Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)citusdata(dot)com>|
|To:||PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>|
|Subject:||Prepare Transaction support for ON COMMIT DROP temporary tables|
|Views:||Raw Message | Whole Thread | Download mbox | Resend email|
Please find attached a patch to enable support for temporary tables in
prepared transactions when ON COMMIT DROP has been specified.
The comment in the existing code around this idea reads:
* Don't allow PREPARE TRANSACTION if we've accessed a temporary table in
* this transaction.
[ ... ]
* XXX In principle this could be relaxed to allow some useful special
* cases, such as a temp table created and dropped all within the
* transaction. That seems to require much more bookkeeping though.
In the attached patch I have added this paragraph, and of course the
implementation of it:
* A special case of this situation is using ON COMMIT DROP, where the
* call to PreCommit_on_commit_actions() is then responsible for
* performing the DROP table within the transaction and before we get
|Next Message||Vik Fearing||2018-12-28 11:57:37||Re: Prepare Transaction support for ON COMMIT DROP temporary tables|
|Previous Message||Peter Eisentraut||2018-12-28 11:08:43||Re: could recovery_target_timeline=latest be the default in standby mode?|