Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump bug - problems along the way

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk (Oliver Elphick)
Cc: sferac(at)bo(dot)nettuno(dot)it, hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump bug - problems along the way
Date: 1998-11-23 18:12:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Sferacarta Software wrote:
> >Try this...it works...
> >
> >create function oid4smaller (oid, oid) returns oid as
> >'
> >begin
> > if $1 > $2 then
> > return $2;
> > else
> > return $1;
> > end if;
> > end;
> >' language 'plpgsql';
>
> I'm afraid it doesn't work for me; clearly the problem is elsewhere:
>
> bray=> select min(oid) from europe;
> ERROR: fmgr_info: function 108994: cache lookup failed
>
> **Idea** - try in another database -- it works, so it must be a database
> corruption of some kind.

Looks like you dropped and recreated the function used in the
min(oid) aggregate without dropping and recreating the
aggregate itself.

Note that the functions used in an aggregate are referenced
by OID, not by name. In pg_aggregate the pg_proc tuple with
the old OID is still referenced and cannot be found (cache
lookup failed). Drop the agg and recreate it.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #