Re: AW: TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser)

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: andreas(dot)zeugswetter(at)telecom(dot)at (Andreas Zeugswetter)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: AW: TODO (was: Re: [HACKERS] Problem with parser)
Date: 1998-08-27 20:41:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> >> ??? what is meant by that?
> >
> >I have no idea. I am removing it. Does anyone else know what it means?
>
> It probably means:
> create view myview (name, salary, hours) as select lname, currsal, whours from wages;
>
> Andreas

But that doesn't have to do anything with the rewrite system.
It has to do with the view creation step on setting up the
instead rule for view selection. There the AS clauses have to
be moved into the target list. The rewrite system doesn't
know if this rule is something that builds up a view.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #