Re: Combining queries

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Combining queries
Date: 2011-02-20 19:13:32
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> More precisely: UNION ALL to avoid the redundant step that tries to eliminate
> duplicates

One may eliminate the redundant test of a truth value against a truth value.

SELECT pub_id as id, email FROM publication WHERE email_accepted
UNION ALL
SELECT contact_id as id, email FROM person WHERE email_accepted ;

One trusts that the result columns in the two tables have compatible types.

I am curious how you interpret the "id" result in that query.

--
Lew
Honi soit qui mal y pense.