Re: ERROR: invalid datatype 'FILE'

From: Jasen Betts <jasen(at)xnet(dot)co(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: invalid datatype 'FILE'
Date: 2011-02-09 10:57:30
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 2011-02-01, Amish <amish(dot)pandya(at)in(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi

> EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
> struct rid_ds
> {
> double de_re_rid;
> double de_re_xrid;
> FILE *fp;
> } dbinfo_t;
> dbinfo_t dbval;
> EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

> ERROR: invalid datatype 'FILE'

it looks to me like ecpg doesn't know how to convert FILE*
into an SQL value.

I'd say try it without the "EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;"
but from inspection it appears not to be valid C either.

> The same code compiles using esqlc without any problem. Is there any way to
> fix about error

start by reading the the esqlc manual to figure out how the rules
of C change inside "EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;".

file:///usr/share/doc/postgresql-doc-8.4/html/ecpg-preproc.html

suggests that "EXEC SQL INCLUDE stdio.h" might help
but that's not going to fix the broken C code two lines after the
error it's finding.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural