Re: [HACKERS] Improved JDBC driver part 2

From: Lew <noone(at)lewscanon(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Improved JDBC driver part 2
Date: 2010-12-01 23:43:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

David Fetter wrote:
> Because to an excellent approximation, in practice, CVS does not
> actually provide the ability to branch and merge, which means that
> patches like Radoslav's are developed pretty much in isolation.

That answer surprises me. Over the last ten years I've used CVS at many jobs,
and I've used it to branch and merge lots of times. I found it roughly
equivalent to, say, subversion in utility for that purpose. In fact, for home
development to this day I use CVS and put IDE-specific files (e.g., NetBeans
"nbproject" directory tree) in a branch away from the trunk.

Well, as they say, YMMV.

--
Lew