Re: PERSISTANT PREPARE (another point of view)

From: Milan Oparnica <milan(dot)opa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PERSISTANT PREPARE (another point of view)
Date: 2008-07-28 21:21:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

chester c young wrote:

> Session #1 has search_path=schema1
> Session #2 has search_path=schema2
> if session #1 attempts to exec stmt, it prepare and use schema1
> if session #2 attempts to use stmt, if prepared globally, disaster

I'm sorry, I wasn't precise enough. When I said global I meant global in
Schema scope. Just like standard stored procedures are.

Did you see post from Mr.Pavel.Stehule about PROCEDURES ?
Such implementation would have the same effect as global prepare.
If it could even support nesting (calling procedure from within another
procedure).

Let's hope he does his implementation in 8.4.

Regards,

Milan Oparnica