Re: PERSISTANT PREPARE (another point of view)

From: Milan Oparnica <milan(dot)opa(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PERSISTANT PREPARE (another point of view)
Date: 2008-07-16 20:51:56
Lists: pgsql-sql

Milan Oparnica wrote:

> It's simply to complicated to return recordsets through server-side
> stored procedures. They are obviously designed to do complex data
> manipulation, returning few output variables informing the caller about
> final results. Returning records through sets of user-defined-types is
> memory and performance waste (please see my previous post as reply to
> Steve for more details). Plus it's hard to maintain and make
> improvements to such a system. I hate to see 800 user types made for
> every query we made as stored procedure.

Is this topic completely out of scope in Postgre ?
If I'm missing something too obvious or too important, please let me
know what.

I run over and over through internet and Postgre documentation and still
found nothing.

Is there a better place to communicate with Postgre developers ?

Sincerely,

Milan Oparnica