Re: postgres, php and osx(panther)

From: "Gary Hoffman" <ghoffman(at)ucsd(dot)edu>
To: <zedaardv(at)drizzle(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgres, php and osx(panther)
Date: 2004-04-20 16:11:21
Lists: pgsql-php

Reiner,

If you put this command in a .php document, such as test.php, it will
disclose all the modules compiled into PHP:
<?php phpinfo() ?>

Should you find that your PHP installation does not have support for
PostgreSQL, consider downloading and installing a specially compiled
versions of PHP for MacOS X. Aaron Faby has a great module at
http://www.serverlogistics.com/php4.php

I have this combo working well on my XServe running Panther. It can work
for you.

Best,
Gary

<zedaardv(at)drizzle(dot)com> writes:
>i'm trying to get pgsql and php to work on panther.
>i need to know if i need to compile php for postgresql?
>
>when i read documentation it seems like the ability ti already configured.
>
>from the php_install documentation
>The PHP module for the Apache web server included in Mac OS X. This
>version includes support for the MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
>
>i've followed the instruction on installing php.
> i know apache works.
>php works. i get the phpinfo call to return results
>postgres works. i have created a database and tables, i just don't gre
>php and postgres to work together. i'm looking for someone who has this
>working who can help me out.
>
>thanks.
>
>reiner

* Gary B. Hoffman, Computing Services Manager e-mail: ghoffman(at)ucsd(dot)edu *
* Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies (IR/PS) *
* University of California, San Diego (UCSD) voice: (858) 534-1989 *
* 9500 Gilman Dr. MC 0519 fax: (858) 534-3939 *
* La Jolla, CA 92093-0519 USA web: http://irps.ucsd.edu/ *