ODBCv3 help...

From: ericgolson(at)gmail(dot)com (Eric Olson)
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ODBCv3 help...
Date: 2004-07-01 20:04:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

my system is configured as follows:
Red Hat 8, postgreSQL 7.4.3, psqlodbc-07.03.0200, and unixODBC-2.2.9.

I have been trying to get the following very simple code snippet
working but it always seg faults after connecting to the db....it
connects then if I try to execute a sql statement it seg faults or in
the below example just freeing the DBC handle will cause a seg
fault...am I missing something?? with the v2 calls to alloc handle and
free handle EVERYTHING works fine...I'm thinking maybe I didn't
configure something properly to use ODBCv3?:

#include "sql.h"
#include "sqlext.h"
#include "stdio.h"
int main () {

SQLHENV env;
SQLHDBC dbc;
SQLAllocHandle (SQL_HANDLE_ENV, SQL_NULL_HANDLE, &env);

fprintf (stderr, "Allocated ENV\n");

SQLAllocHandle( SQL_HANDLE_DBC, env, &dbc );
fprintf (stderr, "Allocated DBC\n");

SQLConnect( dbc,
(SQLCHAR*) "erictest", SQL_NTS,
(SQLCHAR* ) "olsoneg", SQL_NTS,
(SQLCHAR*) NULL, SQL_NTS );

fprintf (stderr, "Connected\n");

SQLDisconnect( dbc );

SQLFreeHandle (SQL_HANDLE_DBC, dbc);

SQLFreeHandle (SQL_HANDLE_ENV, env);

}

However if I substitute with the V2 ODBC functions like that follows
then everything works:
#include "sql.h"
#include "sqlext.h"
#include "stdio.h"
int main () {

SQLHENV env;
SQLHDBC dbc;
SQLAllocEnv (&env);

fprintf (stderr, "Allocated ENV\n");

SQLAllocConnect (env, &dbc);
fprintf (stderr, "Allocated DBC\n");

SQLConnect( dbc,
(SQLCHAR*) "erictest", SQL_NTS,
(SQLCHAR* ) "olsoneg", SQL_NTS,
(SQLCHAR*) NULL, SQL_NTS );

fprintf (stderr, "Connected\n");

SQLDisconnect( dbc );

SQLFreeConnect (dbc);

SQLFreeEnv (env);

}

Any help on why the V2 calls work but the V3 don't would be GREATLY
appreciated...