Re: Extending range type operators to cope with elements

From: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, Esteban Zimanyi <ezimanyi(at)ulb(dot)ac(dot)be>
Subject: Re: Extending range type operators to cope with elements
Date: 2020-11-27 10:38:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 31.10.2020 01:08, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 04:01:27PM +0000, Georgios Kokolatos wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> thank you for your contribution.
>>
>> I did notice that the cfbot [1] is failing for this patch.
>> Please try to address the issues if you can for the upcoming commitfest.
>>

> I took a look at the patch today - the regression failure was trivial,
> the expected output for one query was added to the wrong place, a couple
> lines off the proper place. Attached is an updated version of the patch,
> fixing that.
>
> I also reviewed the code - it seems pretty clean and in line with the
> surrounding code in rangetypes.c. Good job Esteban! I'll do a bit more
> review next week, and I'll see if I can get it committed.
>
> regards

CFM reminder. Just in case you forgot about this thread)
The commitfest is heading to the end. Tomas, will you have time to push
this patch?

The patch still applies and passes all cfbot checks. I also took a quick
look at the code and everything looks good to me.

--
Anastasia Lubennikova
The Russian Postgres Company