Re: PgFoundry Move

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 20:41:34
Lists: pgsql-www

Actually, I would like to put my hands for help.

I do work as a sysadmin for lastminute.com and mainly as the pgsql dba in
the house, leading battles against informix, sql server, and oracle ones. (a
team of 6)

I've been reading this mailing lists (admin/www/novice/hackers/others) for a
while (> 1 year now, for sure). I've made myself reading books, I'd never
went to a proper college and I play with linux since 1997. I've also worked
for the third ISP in my country for 4 years, as a perl programer.

I am from Argentina, but I live in the Uk. I do work on-call the whole year
for lastminute.com, but I can also give a couple of hours per day for this
project.

PostgreSQL gave me a job, why in hell I shouldn't help the ones who actually
done this? I am not a *nix king, but a whitehat and fast growing boy.

Let me know your thoughts, mines are to help and grow.

(28 years old, single, etc,etc,etc,etc. Beer, pizza, marlboro)

Best regards,
Guido.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign .