Re: Delete slow...

From: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>
Cc: Diego <diego(at)unimedijui(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Delete slow...
Date: 2005-11-29 21:47:16
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-es-ayuda

A good idea would be to:

1) if your spanish is strong enough, post into the -es mailing list and
kindly request for help there.
(Si tu espaniol es fuerte, escribi a la lista -es, te vas a encontrar mas
comodo con las posibles respuestas)

2) if your spanish isn't strong enough, post here again, but show us:

a) The SQL statement being used [aka the query]
b) The description of the tables involved [in your pgsql shell `\d
tablename`
c) Your server specs (OS, version, hd, ram, cpu,etc)

If you usually run this query, and it works faster you may be facing a load
in the database or in the server, or in both at the same time. Can you
ensure if this is not the case?

3) if your spanish is poor, and your english is poor, but you have enough
time, then teach us portugues :)

Best regards,
Guido Barosio
Camberley, Surrey
United Kingdom

--
"Adopting the position that you are smarter than an automatic
optimization algorithm is generally a good way to achieve less