Re: Postgres-sql-php

From: "Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Zied Kharrat" <khzied(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Oliveiros Cristina" <oliveiros(dot)cristina(at)marktest(dot)pt>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres-sql-php
Date: 2008-10-23 18:00:54
Lists: pgsql-sql

I guess you can change a little the query to your needs.
The problem is pretty much the same...
I've used c3 column in equality, but if this column
has repeated values, just choose any column or combination of columns which
is unique.

Best,
Oliveiros

SELECT a.c1,a.c2,b.c3,b.c4,a.c5,b.c6
FROM
(
SELECT c1,c2,c5, MIN(c3)as primeiraFROM t1
GROUP BY c1,c2,c5
) a
RIGHT JOIN t1 b
ON b.c3 = a.primeira
AND b.c1 = a.c1
AND a.c2 = b.c2
AND a.c5 = b.c5

--
even the biggest failure, even the worst mistake, beats the hell out of
never trying...