Re: allow_system_table_mods stuff

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: allow_system_table_mods stuff
Date: 2019-11-27 16:01:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2019-11-27 09:26, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 06:39:40PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> I think this patch is at a point where it merits closer review from
>> fellow committers, so I marked it RfC for now. I hope non-committers
>> would also look at it some more, though.
>
> I guess so. The patch has conflicts in the serial and parallel
> schedules, so I have moved it to next CF, waiting on author for a
> rebase.
>
> Peter, are you planning to look at that again? Note: the patch has no
> reviewers registered.

Here is an updated patch series.

After re-reading the discussion again, I have kept the existing name of
the option. I have also moved the tests to the "unsafe_tests" suite,
which seems like a better place. And I have split the patch into three.

Other than those cosmetic changes, I think everything here has been
discussed and agreed to, so unless anyone expresses any concern or a
wish to do more review, I think this is ready to commit.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Remove-any-user-DML-capability-from-allow_system_.patch text/plain 1.8 KB
v3-0002-Make-allow_system_table_mods-settable-at-run-time.patch text/plain 2.2 KB
v3-0003-Add-a-regression-test-for-allow_system_table_mods.patch text/plain 14.6 KB